2020 + PAST EVENTS
As 2020 presents itself with some unique challenges, please know that your Halloween Committee is a group of volunteers who worked hard to keep the Halloween spirit alive!
PALMYRA ANNUAL HALLOWEEN PARADE (2020)
The Palmyra Halloween Parade group joined with the Palmyra Police and Fire Departments and hit the streets of Palmyra in a mini drive-by parade to continue our Halloween tradition! Thanks to donations, the Halloween Parade folks are able to bring our friends from 7 Textures to perform some fiery theatrics and glow riders!
The festivities left the firehouse at 6:30 PM and headed to the river side of Palmyra by making a left out of the firehouse toward Elm, then crossed over Broad about 7:30 PM to reach the other side of town.
Click here to see the interactive map, which included our house decoration contestants!
1ST EVER SCARECROW DECORATING CONTEST (2020)
1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD PLACE PRIZES FOR THE MOST CREATIVE SCARECROWS ON BROAD ST. AND HONORABLE MENTION OF “PEOPLE’S CHOICE”
See the impressive scarecrows on Broad Street from the Palmyra Fire House to the corner of Morgan and Broad by Nov. 8, 2020! Judges for the three prizes were selected by the contest coordinator and will stay anonymous. They do not know who built the scarecrows for fairness. Contest registration closed on Friday, Oct. 18th, 2020.
1) Complete a digital entry form below to receive your light pole location on Broad St. and the direction that your scarecrow must face. No limit to # of team members. You can register for more than one pole location.
2) Build your scarecrow from scratch and set it up by 8 pm on 10/18/2020 (rain date: 10/25). You must remove your scarecrow and props on 11/ 7 or by 8 pm on 11/8 (rain date: 11/14 or 11/15). Props are optional.
3) Scarecrow requirements:
- No taller than 5 feet.
- No commercial creations, including store-bought masks, tiki torches, liquids, or flammable objects that could endanger public safety.
- No political, religious, or controversial/inappropriate/offensive/violent content.
- Signage may be displayed to identify or promote your business or organization, or your scarecrow’s name. Signs are optional, and must not be larger than 11” x 17”.
- Do not display personal information.
- Attach scarecrow and other props to your assigned pole with only twine, string, and/or zip tie. Scarecrows attached with other materials will be disqualified and removed. The borough and Halloween Parade Committee are not responsible for theft or damage to your materials.
- You may have more than one scarecrow attached to a pole, but it will be counted as a single contest entry.
- Scarecrow and any props must be contained within a 4×4 foot area of the light pole and not interfere with the public right-of-way.
- Scarecrow and props must be durable to last outdoors until 11/8.
4) On 10/30, winners will be announced online at www.palmyrahalloweenparade.com and Facebook @palmyrahalloweenparade
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNUAL HOUSE DECORATING CONTEST (2020)
Homes will be judged on their “spooktacular” decoration displays. All entries will be judged in the evening on either October 25th, 26th, or 27th.
1st place prizes for each category are $100.
Over the Top for the families that go all out, such as inflatables
Classic for simple, fun, or elegant decorations
Entries must be received by Friday, October 23rd. Addresses and pictures of registered entries may be displayed on our website and local newspapers for all to see. To enter, please click the link below.
BUG CONTEST (2020)
Hosted by our friends in the Palmyra Business District, contact Jeny’s Java Joint if you have any questions.
HALLOWEEN CRAFT FUN (2020)
Hosted by our friends at the Purrsonal Space Cat Lounge:
EVENTS BEFORE 2020:
Pumpkin Decorating at the Palmyra Farmers Market
Dine and Donate Fundraiser at Chipotle in Cinnaminson
Costume Swap We love this event! Drop off and/or pick up a Halloween Costume!
PIA’s Trunk or Treat Hosted by our friends at the Palmyra Improvement Association.
Halloween House Decorating Contests
Monster Dash 5k run Fundraiser for the parade
Find the Sweatshirt Our super fun Halloween Parade hoodie was hiding in a Palmrya business waiting to be found and worn by the finder!
Masquerade Ball Proper dress encouraged! Another fun fundraiser held at Curran’s to raise awareness and funding for the parade.
This Year’s Palmyra Halloween Committee meetings:
For information on our parade planning meetings please email us at email@example.com